05 December 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

I love the book and afterwards I watched the movie again. The movie follows the book so well. I found it a little harder for me to pay attention and listen to what was going on while listening to the radio recordings. I will eventually listen to the whole thing over break, hopefully. I will find a way. Oh my goodness!! The novel was great honestly. Ford Prefect is one of my favorite characters in the book. He is so quirky and funny. The fact that his name is impossible to say is hilarious. I sorta feel the same way with my last name, Iuliucci. Marvin the robot is my second favorite character. The poor robot whose brain is the size of a planet that is bored and depressed all the time. I never fully understood what was going on in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie until I watched it a second time. Even after watching it twice I still never paid enough attention to details, woopsies. I watched it in high school and haven't watched until last week when I watched the movie. I can watch that movie a bunch of times and not get tired of it now. I noticed in the beginning of the novel that the dolphins fly away and say, “So long and thanks for all the fish!” It probably would have taken me a little while to reread that part and full understand it if I didn't see the movie. What really cracked me up was the the description of Earth was “mostly harmless.” I laughed a lot. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has all the expectations I would want in a book: intelligence, humor, adventure, with a little bit of horror and romance. It has a bit of everything in it. What I found the most intriguing was the towel protectant and the answer to the universe. I feel like I need to carry around a towel now because of this book. I always have one in my car, so I'm half way there. :) The answer to the life, the universe, and everything is 42. haha I have no idea why it is 42, but I would love to find out why. I plan to read the other four books to the five book series. I really liked the novel and I look forward to reading more. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment