31 October 2011

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

Wow, again. I tried reading Dune by Frank Herbert, but I couldn't stop myself from reading Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews. I went to Barnes and Nobles to read Dune and I did for a little bit, until I got caught reading Magic Bleeds. I ended up buying the fourth book from the Kate Daniel's series and couldn't stop reading it for a while as I sat in the book store. It got to the point where I had to do my homework, but I just didn't want to because I got so wrapped up in the story. My mind was totally engrossed in the action, drama, adventure, and bit of romance. So far I think The Kate Daniel's series I by far my favorite. I normally don't normally pick out favorites when it comes to books, but this one is pretty good in my opinion. It suits me well and not everyone will love it, but I do. I soooo admire the mystery and detective part of these novels. It's what keeps me reading. The case that Kate faces in this book is just so creepy and you don't know why these events are happening at first. Then more of Kate's family ties are revealed in this book, which is what I have been waiting for to happen! It is awesome! It's funny how I love any stories that relate to ancient gods or gods in general. It is what I find most interesting. You get little tastes and tid bits of Kate's family history in the earlier books, but not much. The information hinted leaves you hanging and a little confused about where she came from. Like in the first book Kate has to burn her bandages and purify or destroy anything her blood touches because of the amount of power contained in her blood. She is very secretive, protective, independent, and tough. I like her character a lot. I would love to be in her shoes for a day or two otherwise I don't think I could handle living in that kind of lifestyle. It's nice to fantasize about not actually live that way. I just got so distracted read this book and totally forgot about Dune. Which is a book that I really want to read, but apparently the time just wasn't right. I am glad I read Magic Bleeds. It was a perfect ending to a good weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment